Our school meals are cooked fresh on the premises in our canteen by Edwards and Ward. A school meal is priced at £2.05 per day/per child for those not in receipt of Free School Meals. Payment for your child’s meals should be made each Monday in advance for that week or on the day the meal is required. If you think you may be entitled to free school meals, please pick up an application form from the school office, direct from North Somerset Council at the Town Hall or download below. To qualify for free school meals, parents or carers must receive one or more of these benefits:
- child tax credit, provided your annual income as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs does not exceed £16,190. If you receive working tax credit you will not be entitled unless you’re in receipt of a four-week run-on
- guarantee element of state pension credit
- income support
- income-based job seekers allowance
- income-related employment support allowance
- support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
From September 2014 every child in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 receives a free school meal under the Universal Free School Meal offer. There is such a thing as a FREE lunch!