This week the Department for Education published the 2014 KS2 Performance Tables..
We have a lot of amazing news to share with you about how great the school is. We hope you are as proud of our school as we are! Here it is broken down into bitesize pieces:
- Children at Bournville Primary School make better progress than any school in North Somerset.
- Bournville Primary School are the top primary school in North Somerset for Value added – progress made between KS1 to KS2. (This is the measure that shows how much progress a child makes and is the strongest data indicator of constant excellent teaching).
- Attainment at end KS2 has risen for the 6th consecutive year to record level.
- 100% of KS2 children at Bournville Primary School have made expected two levels progress.
- Bournville Primary School children achieve at levels higher than those found nationally.
- All children at Bournville Primary School make at least expected progress, a high proportion make better than expected progress.
- Children at Bournville Primary School make better progress than all but one school in the whole of the South West.
- Children at Bournville Primary School make better reading progress than any school in the South West.
- Bournville Primary School are 6th in the whole country for children making progress in reading (6th out of 21441 schools).
- Bournville Primary School are the 2nd top primary in the South West for children making progress in Maths.
An important message from Mr. Matthews:
“The belief that our children can do anything, the outstanding skills of our whole school team, support of our community and the cooperation of our Weston-super-Mare Education Trust partners has resulted in fantastic progress and attainment across the school. We are incredibly proud of all our children and are enjoying record results for the second year running.”
You can view the whole table on the DFE website: Go to site